All of our animals are raised in a humane, sustainable and ecologically sound manner, which honors God and facilitates good stewardship of our land. We strive to create an environment where heritage animals are allowed to fully express themselves, live a quality life on pasture, then nourish our customers with healthy, delicious meat.
Because the term “grass-fed” can be confusing, potentially misused, and sometimes inadequate, here is what you are really getting when you purchase our meats:
- 100% grass-fed and finished: Our cows and sheep consume no grain at anytime during their life on our farm, only grass, hay and supplemental minerals
- All natural: No growth hormones or other adulterations, period. Our grain-supplemented animals (pigs, turkeys, chickens) receive a non-GMO feed sourced from a fellow farmer less than 45 minutes away
- Humanely raised: Our animals spend their entire lives out on pasture, soaking in the sunlight and breathing clean, fresh air… no feed lots or confinement houses here
- Antibiotic free: If we are forced to use an antibiotic for the good of the animal, then we will no longer sell that meat to our customers
- Ecologically sustainable: We do not use any synthetic fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, or other unnecessary chemicals on our pastures
Click on any of the links below to learn more about each breed we raise on our farmstead, and find out how to get some to try for yourself:
We are dedicated to the principle of transparency and believe that the concept is sounder than any 3rd party certification like organic, humane, etc. If you would like to see how our animals are raised, please get in contact with us to schedule a farm tour. We’re proud of what we are doing on the farm, and look forward to the opportunity to show it off to potential (and existing) customers. Nothing to hide here, come see for yourself… instead of “Animal Welfare Approved” we strive to be “[insert your name here] Approved”!